General Purpose Distance Rig
Rig Components -
1 x Oval Split Ring
1 x SRT Spring
5 x 3mm Beads
1 x Snood Swivel
1 x Cascade Swivel
2 x Crimps
2 x Breakaway Adjustable Crimps; telephone wire or Powergum stops can be substituted
1 x Lead Link with Breakaway Imp
Approx 1 to 1.2 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
2 x 300 to 450 mm lengths 20 - 30lb BS snood
2 x 1 to 2/0 hook
2 x Sequins
Length of Powergum
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the lead link with the Imp (any other bait clip may be used) and thread on the following components in this order;
Breakaway Adjustable Crimp / Bead / Cascade Swivel / Bead / Crimp
2. Then thread on the following;
Breakaway Adjustable Crimp / Bead / SRT Spring / Bead / Swivel / Bead / Crimp
3. Tie on the oval split ring. A swivel can be substituted.
4. Tie the hook to one end of the longest snood length and thread on the sequin bait stop.
5. Tie this snood to the upper swivel and add the Powergum stop knot.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the lower snood on the cascade swivel.
7. Tension the trace and loctate the lower snood into the Imp bait clip. Using the lower adjustable crimp tension the snood up the trace body and crimp in place. Locate the lower fixed crimp and fix in place.
8. Clip the upper hook into the cascade swivel link and tension the snood using the adjustable crimp against the SRT spring and crimp in place. Fix the upper crimp in place.
9. A three hook trace can be made by extending the trace body and adding an additional cascade swivel at the mid-point.