Bass and General Purpose Rig
Excellent for drifting with live sandeel or mackerel
Rig Components -
3 x Trace Swivels
2 x Beads
Approx 300 to 500 mm length 30-50lb BS clear main line
Line for rotten bottom
900 to 2700 mm 10-30lb BS clear nylon or fluorcarbon
1 x 2/0 - 5/0 hook; a treble can be substituted for live mackerel
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the swivel to the bottom of the trace length and thread on a bead / swivel / bead
2. Tie the final swivel to the top of the trace.
3. Tie the snood to the running swivel and then the hook to the end .
4. Tie on the rotten bottom.
5. This rig is also effective when used with shads, redgills or plastic worms.