General Purpose Distance Rig
Rig Components -
1 x Oval Split Ring
1 x SRT Spring
5 x 3mm Beads
2 x Snood Swivel
1 x Cascade Swivel
3 x Crimps
1 x Breakaway Adjustable Crimps; telephone wire or Powergum stops can be substituted
1 x Lead Link with Breakaway Imp
Approx 1 to 1.2 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
3 x 300 to 450 mm lengths 20 - 30lb BS snood
2 x 1 to 2/0 hook
2 x Sequins
Length of Powergum
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the lead link with the Imp (any other bait clip may be used) and thread on the following components in this order, fixing the crimps in place;
Crimp / Bead / Swivel / Bead / Crimp
2. Then thread on the following;
Breakaway Adjustable Crimp / Bead / SRT Spring / Bead / Swivel / Bead / Crimp
3. Tie on the oval split ring. A swivel can be substituted.
4. Tie the hook to one of the snood lengths and thread on the sequin bait stop.
5. Tie this snood to the upper swivel and add the Powergum stop knot.
6. Tie the second snood length to the cascade swivel and the repeat with the final snnod length to the non-swivel end of the cascade swivel. Tie this end to the lower snood swivel. Add the sequin, hook and Powergum stop knot.
7. Tension the trace and loctate the lower hook into the Imp bait clip. Locate the upper hook in the cascade swivel clip and stretch the upper snood to tension it using the adjustable crimp against the SRT spring and crimp in place.
8. Fix the upper crimp in place.