General Purpose Rough Ground Rig
View the rig in action - here
The principal behind this rig is that when a hooked fish is being retrieved the weight of the fish will cause the free running swivel to act as a pulley.
The lead weight will then be draw up above the fish with a subsequent reduction in the risk of snagging.
Can also be utilised for uptiding from a boat.
Rig Components -
2 x 3mm Beads
3 x Swivels; one of these can be a swivel bead
1 x Lead Link
Approx 1.5 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
1 x 800mm length 30-50lb BS snood
1 x Pennel Rig or 2/0 to 4/0 hook
The Rig Body
1. Cut 2/3 rds of the main body trace line and tie on the lead link.
2. Thread on one bead and one of the swivels or the swivel bead.
3. Thread on the second bead and tie a swivel to the free end.
4. Tie the remaining 1/3 rd of the trace body line to the free running swivel or swivel bead and attach the final swivel to the free end.
5. Tie the snood to the swivel at the end of the longer section of the trace body and attach either pennel rigged hooks or a single hook.
7. The rig can be converted to a rotten bottom rig by adding a Rotten Bottom clip.