Short to medium distance rig
Rig Components -
1 x Medium Swivel
6 x 3mm Beads
3 x Snood Swivel
6 x Crimp
1 x Lead Link
Approx 1 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
3 x 450mm approx lengths 10-20lb BS snood
3 x 6 to 1/0 hooks
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the lead link and thread on the rest of the components in this order;
Crimp / Bead / Swivel / Bead / Crimp
Repeat for the other two snood swivels.
2. Tie on the swivel or oval split ring to the top of the trace body.
3. Fasten the crimps to the line, the distance apart should ensure that the snoods will not tangle when casting or fishing.
4. Tie the hooks to the snoods and then to the swivels; the snood lengths should be around 300mm with a 1 metre trace body. If you need to fish with longer snoods then it will be necessary to either lengthen the trace body, which may restrict casting. or reduce the number of snoods to two.
5. Beads and / or sequins can be added to the snoods as attractors before adding the hooks; boyant beads can be effective on the upper snoods.
6. The breaking strain of the snoods and size of the hooks will depend upon the target species.