For flatfish and whiting etc at range
Rig Components -
1 x Oval Split Ring
3 x 3mm Beads
1 x Snood Swivel
1 x Small Swivel or Swivel Bead (the swivel bead can prevent wear and tear on the snood)
1 x Crimp
1 x Beakaway Adjustable Crimp (allows the snood to be re-tensioned should the hook need to be replaced)
1 x Impact Shield; this can be replaced by your favourite bait clip or lead incorporating a clip.
1 x Lead Link
Approx 1 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
1 x 500mm length 20-30lb BS snood
1 x 500mm length 15-20lb BS hook snood
2 x Sequins for bait stops
Beads and / or sequins for attractors
1 length of Powergum
2 x 1 to 2 hooks
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the lead link and thread on the rest of the components in this order;
Impact Shield / Bead / Crimp / Adjustable Crimp / Bead / Snood Swivel / Bead
2. Tie on the oval split ring, ensuring the line is approx 800mm long.
3. Fix the crimp above the bead and impact shield allowing for movement of the shield.
4. Tie the heavier snood line to the swivel on the trace body then tie the other smaller swivel or swivel bead to the other end.
5. Tie the one of the hooks to the snood length, thread on a sequin and tie a Powergum stop knot above.
6. Thread the snood through the small swivel or swivel bead.
7. Thread a sequin onto the spare end, tie the second hook on and tie a Powergum stop knot above the sequin. The stopped sequins above the hooks will prevent the baits being blown up the snood when casting.
8. If you wish to use sequins and / or beads as attractors thread them on the line before and after step 6.
9. Locate the hooks in the impact shield or bait clip holding the sinker down firmly and tension the trace body from the oval split ring, position the adjustable crimp against the bead at the swivel up the main line until the snood line is tight and fix the crimp in place. The adjustable crimp can be fixed using pliers but it’s recommended that the Breakaway crimping tool be used.
10. The adjustable crimp can be replaced by another type of adjustable stop such a telephone wire crimp or Powergum stop knot.
11. The wishbone swivel can be trapped between two stopped beads to retain the hook snood lengths or can be trapped between stopped silicon tubing to spread the baits on release.
12. By lengthing the drop between the two snood swivels a Dvice can be used with this rig and the impact shield or other bait clip assembly eliminated.