How to Tie Ade’s Sheppey Rig
General Purpose Rig
With thanks to Ade Smith
The principal behind this rig is that of two mini-pulley rigs and provide less resistance to the biting fish. The bait clips on the splash down sinker and cascade swivel allow this rig to be fished at distance.
Ade’s Sheppey Rig Components
2 x 3mm Beads
4 x Swivels
1 x Cascade Swivel
Approx 1.5 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
1 x 200 – 450mm length 10-20lb BS snood
1 x 400 – 600mm length 30-40lb BS snood
1 x 6 to 2/0 hooks
2 x 2/0 to 4/0 hooks for pennel
The Rig Body
- Cut the main body trace line into three lengths, with a longer length for the bottom section and attach the lead link to this.
- Using the lead link length, thread on one swivel and one bead and tie the cascade swivel to the spare end.
- Tie the second length of the trace to the free running swivel and repeat step 2 using a normal swivel in place of the cascade version.
- Tie on top section of the body line and attach the top swivel for the main line.
- Tie the snoods to the swivels and attach the hooks with any attractors.
Click on image for larger version
There are numerous sources of terminal tackle both locally and on-line, here are a few suggestions –