Heavy Duty Rig for Cod, Smoothies and Spurs
The Dvice rig helps present a large, soft bait at distance with the bait protected withing the capsule. The original Dvice capsule is no longer available but Tronixpro have a similar bait device.
Dvice Rig Components
1 x Oval Split Ring
2 x 3mm Beads
1 x Snood Swivel
2 x Crimp
1 x Lead Link
1 x Dvice
Approx. 1 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
1 x 700mm length 40-50lb BS snood
1 x 2/0 to 4/0 hook
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the lead link and thread on the rest of the components in this order;
Crimp / Bead / Swivel / Bead / Crimp
2. Tie on the oval split ring.
3. Fasten the crimps to the line, the height will depend on how you want the bait to lie in relation to the seabed.
4. Tie the hook to the snood and then to the swivel; the snood length must allow the hook to hang at least 100mm below the Dvice to ensure that the bait is not ejected before impact with the sea.
5. If fishing with a large bait then you may want to replace the single hook with a Pennel-Rig.
Click on image for larger version
There are numerous sources of terminal tackle both locally and on-line, here are a few suggestions –