How to Tie a Jigging Rig
The jigging rig is used for lure fishing with multiple lures and can be fished with a weight or a pirk at the bottom. It is effective with larger lure for cod, pollack and coalies in deep water or fished with 50 – 60mm Delta type eels in shallower waters for pollack.
Jigging Rig Components
1 x Trace Swivel
1 x Lead Link
Approx. 1.5 metre length 20-80lb BS main line
3 x 2/0 – 5/0 hooks for plastic worms, Eddystone eels or Regills if preferred.
The Rig Body
1. Tie on the swivel to the trace length and form a cut blood loop approx. 200mm long; a water knot or a three way swivel can be used to carry the snood dropper.
2. Repeat for the other two droppers.
3. Tie the hooks or eels to the end of the cut snoods.
4. Tie the leadlink to the bottom of the trace length.
5. Although a lead can be used it’s preferable to use a pirk as this gives a better action to the lures and leads to more takes on the drop.