Night Tides Produce Best On Lancashire Coast
Still plenty of fish around just people aren’t reporting as much. Bass, codling, whiting and dogfish mainly at the moment with the odd ray showing most falling to fish and worm baits.
High water is still producing the most fish at night however the daylight tides have been patchy. As we come in to the colder weather and get our few first frosts this should push the majority of the dogfish out to sea in to deeper water.
All we need now is some westerly winds for the codling to head inshore. The easterly the past week have had a huge part to play in the daylight fishing. The flat seas have seen some anglers scratching for a bite but the same marks are alive with fish in the darkness.
Fleetwood and District Angling Club fished their match at Rossall Hospital. There was almost non-stop drizzle, with calm sea and offshore wind. Fishing was fairly good although only dogs and whiting were caughht.
All fourteen anglers caught fish and everyone had dogfish. Fish baits were the order of the day and sandeel, together with black lugworm tipped with mackerel produced well.
- Phil Lamb 12 fish dogs and whiting for 170points
- Ray Rodger 11 fish dogs and whiting for 162 points
- Craig Thompson 10 fish dogs and whiting for 153 points
- Tim Wrigley 10 fish dogs and whiting for 150 points
- Hughie Porter 8 fish dogs and whiting for 123 points
- Bob Egan 6 fish dogs and whiting for 113 points
- Dave Brown 6 fish dogs and whiting for 108 points
- John Hodgson 6 fish dogs and whiting for 105 points
- Mark Hindle 6 fish dogs and whiting for 96 points
- Mike Owen 5 fish dogs and whiting for 90 points
- Ken Forrest 6 fish dogs and whiting for 85 points
- Jay Citizen 7 fish dogs and whiting for 57 points
- John Hughes 5 fish dogs and whiting for 52 points
- Kevin Blundell 7 fish dogs and whiting for 48 points
Thanks to all the anglers who turned out in the rotten conditions. Next Sunday’s match is one of the popular flat and roundfish events on the Gynn wall.
The Bispham Angling and Lancashire Sea Fishing annual Christmas RNLI match is on the 15th December. This is an open match fished from the Gynn Wall. £15 entry fee with bait included and also £2 from each entry is donated to the RNLI. There will also be raffles where all monies are donated to the RNLI with loads of fantastic prizes so don’t miss out! For more details contact Bispham Angling on 01253 358194.
Leyland and District Sea Angling Club fished their “Memorial Trophy” match at Otterspool.
- Alan Smith with 12 whiting measuring 346cm
- Alan Beeby with 201cm
- Nigel Thompson with 180cm
- Alan Slater with 153cm
- Roger Leeland 124cm
The biggest fish prize went to Neil Stoneley for his excellent his 66cm Cod weighing 6lb 2oz. The raffle prize was won by Stuart Pilkington and the Golden Peg card £10 by Roger Leeland. Thanks again to the 14 members who turned out for the sunny afternoon match.
Blackpool Boat Angling Club are organising their Winter Open Cod match which is open to all boats on the 17th November. The entry fee is £20 per angler and there will be £750 in prize money. For more details please contact David Jobling at Blackpool Boat Angling on their Facebook page or Bispham Angling.
The special offer of the week from Bispham Angling is 10% off Gardner products.