Norfolk Sea Angling Success For Gregory
A fine evening with a slight sea, saw us making a return to Bacton for the final match of the winter season.
As with all sand matches the numbers were down on last weeks match, with 14 anglers attending.
The match was a length only match with everything 18cm counting on the cards, as sizeable fish have been less on the sand venues.
A slow start for many but with the sea being held in longer on the ebb than normal due to the wind, we all found ourselves fishing from the promenade comfortable on the concrete until the tide dropped enough to get down on the sand.
Quick welcome to new club member Denver Garry who also managed to find a few fish on his first match.
Taking top spot and his first ever podium position was Gregory Kiddell, who found the fish and kept working hard to build his score, finishing on 14 fish for 338cm, close behind him was that man again Simon Bone also with 14 fish for 315cm, and final podium spot went to Luke Lukeyboy Childerhouse with 9 fish for 204cm.
Biggest round went to Simon Bone with a 34cm whiting and biggest flat went to Ian Childerhouse with a nice 30cm flounder.
And that was that another league over with and cracking straight onto the summer league this coming Monday at Kelling.
- Gregory Kiddell 30pts – 14 fish – 338cm
- Simon Bone 29pts – 14 fish – 315cm
- Luke Lukeyboy Childerhouse 28pts – 9 fish – 204cm
- Ian Childerhouse 27pts – 7 fish – 157cm
- Russell Taylor 26pts – 7 fish – 149cm
- Dene Conway 25pts – 6 fish – 135cm
- Roger Cunnington 24pts – 5 fish – 121cm
- Jimmy Shaul Shaul 23pts – 5 fish – 107cm
- John Catchpole 22pts – 4 fish – 98cm
- Denver Garry 21pts – 4 fish – 96cm
- Billy Rush 20pts – 3 fish – 68cm
- Will Sprules 19pts – 3 fish – 62cm
Rest receive 5 points
- Keith Shauls
- Barry Iseton