General Purpose Rig
The principal behind the Sheppey rig is that of mini-pulley rigs and provide reduced resistance to the biting fish.
When a fish is hooked on one snood the others will move with the hooked fish and hopefully attract a double or treble hook-up.
Sheppey Rig Components
3 x 3mm Beads
7 x Swivels
1 x Lead Link
Approx. 1.5 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
3 x 200 – 500mm length 15-20lb BS snood
3 x 6 to 2/0 hooks
The Rig Body
- Cut the main body trace line into four equal lengths and tie on the lead link to one of these.
- Using the lead link length, thread on one swivel and one bead and tie one of the snood swivels to the spare end.
- Tie the second length of the trace to the free running swivel and repeat step 2.
- Repeat step 3 then tie on top section of the body line and attach the top swivel for the main line.
- Tie the snoods to the swivels and attach the hooks with any attractors.
Click on image for larger version
There are numerous sources of terminal tackle both locally and on-line, here are a few suggestions –