How to Tie a Sheppey Rig
General Purpose Rig
The principal behind the Sheppey rig is that of mini-pulley rigs and provide reduced resistance to the biting fish.
When a fish is hooked on one snood the others will move with the fish and hopefully attract a double or treble hook-up.
Sheppey Rig Components
3 x 3mm Beads
7 x Swivels
1 x Lead Link
Approx. 1.5 metre length 60-80lb BS main line
3 x 200 – 450mm length 10-20lb BS snood
3 x 6 to 2/0 hooks
The Rig Body
1. Cut the main body trace line into four equal lengths and tie on the lead link to one of these.
2. Using the lead link length, thread on one swivel and one bead and tie one of the snood swivels to the spare end.
3. Tie the second length of the trace to the free running swivel and repeat step 2.
4. Repeat step 3 then tie on top section of the body line and attach the top swivel for the main line.
5. Tie the snoods to the swivels and attach the hooks with any attractors.
There are numerous sources of terminal tackle both locally and on-line, here are a few suggestions –