Very unsettled weather this week on the Lancashire coast with three of the days basically being almost impossible to fish apart from around the corner at Fleetwood. Strong south westerly winds is just a no go in the area but Fleetwood provides shelter from that direction.
The Bispham Angling Sea League latest match was fished at Stanha on the 28th June. It was a windy and wet day, but there was a great socially distanced turnout with 31 anglers fishing the event.
The competitors landed six bass, a hundred and twenty-six flounders and thirty nine eels.
- Ashley Sampson – 14 fish 439cm
- David G Hutchinson – 12 fish 379cm
- Stuart Dewhurst – 10 fish 301cm
- Zone A – Paul 10 fish 290cm
- Zone B – Splodge Graham 9fish 266cm
- Biggest flatfish – 43cm flounder – Neil Wilkinson
- Biggest round fish – 44cm bass – David G Hutchinson
- Golden peg – Antony Cole
Fleetwood and District Angling Club were hit by the curse of bad weather once again, but 17 hardy souls turned out on a wet and windy Marine Beach.
Conditions on the beach were hard going with a sideways wind and heavy squally showers. Luckily the weed was not to bad. Fishing was slow as expected with ten anglers catching fish.
Most anglers had single fish with Hughie Porter having two bass and a flounder and Dave Brown two tope pups and a plaice being the exceptions.
Worm and crab caught most of the fish.
- Hughie Porter – 2 bass 1 flounder for 61 points wins £41
- Kevin Blundell – 1 bass for 33 points wins £27
- Dave Brown – 2 tope 1 plaice for 25 points
- Ian Maudesley – 1 eel 15 points
- Ken Forrest – 1 flounder 14 points
- Morgan Minto – 1 flounder 12 points
- Alex Garden – 1 whiting 11 points
- Trevor Barnett – 1 flounder 8 points
- Mick Parkin – 1 eel 7points
- Bob Egan – 1 plaice 2 points.
Next Sunday the Club are at Beach Road and true to form the weather forecast does not look good.